FPS/Mouselook Camera

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:45 AM
Hey there!

Well, since we were collaborating lately on the XNA Creator's forums, I thought I might as well collaborate here ;)

Anyhow, I was looking at your cameras and realized you do not have an FPS/Mouselook kind of camera yet... am I right? I have one set up, which is the one I'm using on my code. I must confess this is the first time I'm collaborating on a community project, so I don't quite know how to proceed. Shall I give you my code so you can have a look at it or do I fiddle with it directly on your your template?

... hum... I guess I will try to implement it on your code and let you know when it's done so you can more easily get it going, since I bet you have your hands full with the quad-tree issue :s

Cheers!
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2007 at 2:10 PM
If you go to the 'source code' section you will find a link to download the CodePlex Client software. On the 'home' page I include a link to a page on how to use it. It can be frustrating at first, but that link is basically a walk through. Let me know if you have trouble. You'll also need added to the project, which I'll do right away.

As far as an FPS camera, the fixed camera can be used as one, it just requires tweaking the settings to set the forward offset in front of the player/entity, and setting the position offset to be just in front of the player/entity. However it might be easier to derive a camera from it that already has FPS settings.

And yeah, the quad-tree issue is killin' me. Only people with older ATi cards seem to have the problem so they're the only ones that can test it. Which makes it hard to get help on it. I've been on the problem for about 3 weeks now, only when I have time to work on it of course.