Tools

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:33 AM
I notice you're going to be working on UML, what tools were you planning on using?

At work, we're currently using StarUML, which I've found to be infinitely superior to visio, and free to boot. It also has code gen :D.

Also, how are you working unit tests? I've found them invaluable in giving me the confidence to do massive changes that will break a section of code for a period of a few days, and at the end of it have a high chance of running without problems.

As soon as i'm settled at work / life i'll join the fray and put some time in.

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:50 AM
We currently haven't got a fixed standard/template as to which tools to use (VS being the exception). StartUML look interesting and we should consider using that as the defacto UML editor.

On a side note, for documentation latex has been mentioned, but I haven't got any experience in using it. I've used word for years and it has suited the neededs.

There are no unit tests for any of the code, currently the only test that exists is the code found in Tests and TestsForFun. Moving forward this of cause has to changed, but we haven't agreed on any standard or any amount of code coverage.