New Patch (435)

Nov 1, 2007 at 12:35 PM
Edited Nov 1, 2007 at 12:56 PM
I've uploaded a new patch containing the source tree changes and the changes to QuickStart.Common. Please verify, and I'll upload it. When applying this patch please follow the instruction in the patch. Do not try to merge with existing local sources.

Note that after applying the patch you can delete the following folders from the root directory:
  • QuickStart.Common
  • QuickStart.Graphics
  • QuickStart.GUI
  • QuickStart.Input
  • QuickStart.Physics
  • Tests
  • TestsForFun
Nov 1, 2007 at 1:47 PM
The structure looks great.

Though, I think just having a batch file in the root that brings up the build environment command prompt would be better than making users "install" something and place a shortcut on their desktop. Then, they can choose to manually place a shortcut to the batch file on their desktop, or not.
Nov 1, 2007 at 2:05 PM
I can create a batch file at the root which can be used in this way
Nov 1, 2007 at 2:11 PM
That'd be good. Go ahead and push the patch to the source tree.
Nov 1, 2007 at 2:13 PM
Oh, and how hard would it be to get rid of the restriction that the source must be downloaded to a directory that doesn't contain spaces? There's no telling where people are going to want to put it.
Nov 1, 2007 at 2:37 PM
Actually thinking about it right now, it might actually be possible to do as I did some rework, I don't have the possibility to test it, could you do that Shaw?
Nov 1, 2007 at 2:49 PM
The setup.cmd script doesn't work, it doesn't allow spaces.
Nov 1, 2007 at 3:30 PM
Thanks I'll look into it tonight and see if I can get around it. I'll checkin the patch tonight nevet than less.
Nov 1, 2007 at 4:35 PM
Im going to take a look at this tonight also.. its about time i made a real contribution :)
Nov 1, 2007 at 10:38 PM
I fixed the issue, and upload a new patch. I didn't create the batch file for launching at the root, I'll do that once it's in.