Patch (466) - Audio

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:13 PM
I've added an AudioSubSystem and IAudioSubSystem to both the windows and xbox solutions.
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2007 at 3:28 PM
Very nice, I'll have to check it out.
Nov 10, 2007 at 6:53 PM
Najs, I'm going to check it out later as well :)
Nov 10, 2007 at 8:25 PM
I had a go at adding some sounds to the demo, but I'm a bit confused by how content is organised atm. The content is not part of the windows solution, so content is not automatically compiled/copied into the /bin folder when compiled, so I had to copy the content into the relevant folder in /bin for the game to run. However, on the xbox solution, there is a content folder in which I could add the sound content files, and it all works fine. Why the inconsistency?

Also, while adding the sound, I wanted to have a highlight sound play when the mouse goes over a button, but there appears to be no event for this. It would be possible to listen to the AxisMove event, and track when inWindow changes, but there should really be an event for it.
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2007 at 9:34 PM
I agree, buttons should have at least the following states:

Idle image
Hovering image
Hovering sound
Click sound
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2007 at 9:35 PM
Also, I did compile the patch successfully, so I uploaded a new source with the audio subsystem. Feel free to work with the newest source trying to get your sounds working.
Nov 10, 2007 at 9:58 PM
I added a new patch that fixed the IAudioSubSystem being in the wrong namespace, and added a small performance monitor I had left over from an old project.