Visual Studio 2008

Nov 22, 2007 at 12:03 AM
It's been released, same day as Xna (or vice versa depending on who you ask). I'm going to buy my copy when it hit the stores. Alone the fact that Unit Test is now an integral part is the main reason for me to dump 2005. I'm aware that Xna isn't supported, just as the refresh isn't for 2005. But that's prob not going to prevent me from using it to develop for Xna.

Now the main question is if there is anyone else considering moving to 2008?
Nov 23, 2007 at 3:11 AM
I plan on at least trying it out once it's available on MSDN Academic Alliance (all Microsoft dev tools/OS for free!!), though I'm more interested in seeing if there are any improvements to the C++ compiler/IDE than I am in XNA support.
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2007 at 3:13 AM
My school has had huge issues with its MSDNAA, I don't believe they'll release a copy, and I graduate in a month....

I'll see what they can do for me though. I'd like to get something new before I graduate.
Nov 23, 2007 at 4:36 AM
The Computer Science department at my school takes months to release new titles to MSDNAA, and even then they have a CD checkout system instead of letting students just download it. I usually go through the Electrical and Computer Engineering department, which updates their MSDNAA repository pretty often and allows downloading. :)

It's interesting that two similar departments in the same school can be so different.