Patch 574 - Input System

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:37 PM
I've uploaded a patch for the input system, have a look and comment please :)
Coordinator
Dec 14, 2007 at 7:42 PM
I won't be home to look at it until around 10pm MST, but nevertheless I will take a look.
Dec 14, 2007 at 8:24 PM
Ill look when I can, but im away for the weekend, so no posts from me till Sunday,
Dec 14, 2007 at 11:43 PM
I like it! I'll try to make some time to test the whole system for garbage this weekend. The configuration system looks to be pretty powerful, how do you plan on implementing the manager loading? Since the managers are directly referenceable through Game, how do you plan on doing the XML manager to Game manager mapping?

Did you want this committed to the source tree, or are you wanting to work on it some more?
Dec 15, 2007 at 1:41 AM

shawmishrak wrote:
I like it! I'll try to make some time to test the whole system for garbage this weekend. The configuration system looks to be pretty powerful, how do you plan on implementing the manager loading? Since the managers are directly referenceable through Game, how do you plan on doing the XML manager to Game manager mapping?

I could imagine that you would reference then managers based on some id (guid/string/int) this way you would simply write:
    this.Game.Managers["INPUTMANAGER"].Enabled = false;

But I'm open to suggestions

shawmishrak wrote:
Did you want this committed to the source tree, or are you wanting to work on it some more?

I'm still working on some issues, and I'm also doing the implementation of the ObjectPool which should really be finished before I check-in.