Patch #595 - Terrain and Graphics

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:46 AM
I have uploaded patch 595. It is a combination of LordIkon's terrain patch, modified to fit the new graphics system, which is also included in the patch. I tried to follow the coding guidelines as much as I could , but after spending over an hour putting "this." in front of everything, I lost motivation and so there's no guarantee there's not one missing somewhere. ;)
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2007 at 5:53 AM
Edited Dec 19, 2007 at 5:54 AM
Does this patch run off of the newly commited source? I'm willing to merge it if I have to, but I'd be merging changes you understood better (because you just made them), and I'll be doing a review on top of that.
Dec 19, 2007 at 5:56 AM
No, I uploaded it right before you posted about the latest commit, I'll redo the patch.
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2007 at 5:59 AM
lol, 3 minutes before me, damn you. Actually, it is more like damn me because you're having to redo some work.
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2007 at 6:10 AM
Edited Dec 19, 2007 at 6:42 AM
As soon as you finish I'll review and commit it.

EDIT: Unless that commit comes late, then I'll be forced to sleep, wake up, go to school, go to work, return home, and if by chance it hasn't been reviewed and commited by then, I'll do it.
Dec 19, 2007 at 6:46 AM
Patch 596
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2007 at 7:00 AM
No logo or FPS counter Shaw? Shame on you. Grumbles some more, continues reviewing
Dec 19, 2007 at 7:19 AM
I need to figure out a good way of batching that stuff.
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2007 at 7:29 AM
Edited Dec 19, 2007 at 7:36 AM
GraphicsSettings.cs, IRenderChunkProvider.cs, StaticModel.cs, and StaticModelReader.cs:
  • We don't need a couple of the 'Using' namespaces (I'll take care of it when I apply patch)

Material.cs:
  • Are we not supposed to XML comment Lists? If not maybe I just didn't know, but if so you need some comments for your lists in this file.
  • Brackets around one-line 'if' statements (I'll take care of it)
  • Rather than using the 'NOT !' operator we're using '== false' instead (I'll take care of it), however I will defer to the not operator in your tryparse method of matrices, as it is just too ugly to use == false.

StaticModel.cs:
  • Single line accessor statements should be put into a single line with brackets (I'll take care of it)
  • Brackets around one-line 'if' statements (I'll take care of it)

Looks good Shaw, material was long as hell! Looks like you put in some time on that puppy. I'll commit soon.

Edit: Commit finished. And thanks for making the appropriate changes to the terrain components.