TorqueX 3D and Infinite terrain system

Jan 12, 2008 at 7:10 AM
TorqueX3D

They have the same infinite terrain system of torque. That would be a nice feature to have Infinite terrain system.
Jan 12, 2008 at 11:55 AM
As far as I can remember Torque doesn't have infinite terrain, just repeating terrain. Though it been a couple of years since I last worked with it so that might have changed.
Jan 12, 2008 at 7:59 PM
The effect for the player is the same. It feels like the terrain never ends.
Jan 12, 2008 at 8:38 PM
But its very different from an engine view. Differing performance, memory requirments etc. And I dispute it the same for the user. I hate it more than invisible walls. It completely ruins imersion if unique cities repeat, or you go from one side of the map to another.
Jan 12, 2008 at 8:46 PM

mikelid109 wrote:
But its very different from an engine view. Differing performance, memory requirments etc. And I dispute it the same for the user. I hate it more than invisible walls. It completely ruins imersion if unique cities repeat, or you go from one side of the map to another.

Repeating terrains is one thing and repeating cities is another. And we could also try to add some random values for the repeating. And if the things that are over the terrain are different, we woudn't notice that the terrain is repeating that easily.