This project is read-only.

Programmer Looking For Work

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:13 AM
Hello,

I am interesting in getting involved in a c# xna engine project. I have a decent amount of programming experience but would not go as far as calling me an expert. I have my name on 2 xbox live arcade games for the 360 and currently work programming simulators. I have been playing with xna since 2.0 came out and have fallen in love with it. I have looked at a few engines and so far I like what you guys have done. So if you are still looking for help on the project please let me know. You can email me at ashandir@gmail.com or try me at ashandir@msn.com MSN IM.

Thanks

Ashandir
Jan 15, 2008 at 3:21 PM
I'm sure we could definitely use the help! What specifically are you interested in contributing? Do you have a speciality, like graphics, scene management, AI, etc.?
Jan 15, 2008 at 5:24 PM
I don't think I really have a specialty as being extremely good in one subject over another. I have written a camera class, networking classes. I upgraded a font engine to accept unicode characters for a xbox 360 game. Done a little bit of everything but not enough of anything to say I am an expert on it. I really just want to get involved and learn and have something to do with my spare time. So really anything you need done I would be more than happy to help with. I am sure coming into the middle of a project would require a little bit of catching up but once I am on pace I am sure I can contribute. I am fine doing research or coding whatever. Just let me know what needs to be done or if there is any other information about me you would like to know.

Ashandir
Jan 15, 2008 at 6:29 PM
In that case, I would familiarize yourself with the current issues in the Issue Tracker and find something you'd like to help with it. At this point, we're still in the very early stages so we're spending just as much time discussing designs than we are coding.
Jan 15, 2008 at 6:58 PM
I think the area which currently needs the most help is networking and as you already have some experience in this, I would suggets you try to contack mike in order to coordinate the work, also have a look at his network patch and familize yourself with it.