Tasks for 0.20

Feb 8, 2008 at 7:46 AM
We need to outline the tasks for 0.20 everyone needs to go into the issues section and verify that you have been assigned to the right tasks (documentation for 0.19 are placed under 0.19 not 0.20). Further you have to assert yourself if it's realistic that you will be able to complete the tasks within a timeframe of 2-3 months. If you do not feel so then move the least important task (even if it more fun to do) to 0.21, issues are weighted bu priority first then votes.

Currently we have 2 unassigned tasks, which we need someone to take ownership of:

We still need to define the scope for the Network System.

If you think something is missing please make a post here so we can discuss it.
Feb 8, 2008 at 10:47 AM
Edited Feb 8, 2008 at 10:49 AM
Hi,

Any possibility of animation support be inlcude in this release?

A would like to help with Network System? What feactures you are think to this version? like? Tranport protocol TCP|UDP? Message serialization? Session support independent from transport protocol? mult-layer? I already have an UDP listener and a multi-layer architecture that support the high level services development. I think that would be greate have a GPS ( Global position system) and prediction in this release.
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2008 at 11:01 AM
I doubt animation will make it into v0.20, as there are quite a few big tasks on the table already.

Networking will need to be in 0.20 however, you can talk to Mike about any help with that system, he's already started it, but didn't quite get it in for 0.19.
Feb 8, 2008 at 2:59 PM
Whatever high-priority tasks are assigned to me, I may not be able to really get to until the end of March. I'll try to spend some time working on them, but no guarantees. I found out I have PhD quals coming up on March 20, which I kinda need to pass. :) So most of my time is going to be spent studying for that. But don't worry, I'll try to put in some time here and there.
Feb 8, 2008 at 5:56 PM
Shaw can you go through your assigned issues and move those you know you won't be able to do to 0.21 then? But feel free to bring up any issues you feel we need to get resolved here in 0.20
Feb 9, 2008 at 6:00 AM
At the moment I don't see anything that I know I won't be able to get done. Unless I'm missing some secret "write the code to solve the meaning of life" assignment.
Feb 9, 2008 at 10:32 AM
Sounds good, how about everyone else do you expect you will be able to finish you tasks for 0.20 within 2-3 months?
Feb 9, 2008 at 11:24 AM
Hope so. Sockets I predict a month or so, but the integration is an unknown. If I can do it, the sooner the better. I have exams in 2 months, so Im nearing a revision-only period :(