QS Scene Editor

Feb 10, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Hi,

I will continue the made by xnasourcerer until now on our scene editor, i got source code on on this weekend. I will start work to create an architecture extenssible to allow create plugins for it. I will write the regular progress of work to you here.

at now, i would like to now, how going to scene format? any news?
Feb 10, 2008 at 9:25 PM
The scene format has not been finalized so if you have requirements by all means post them here, so we can incoorporate these as soon as possible
Feb 10, 2008 at 11:09 PM
Ok,

For now, i will wait the scene format definition and work in the architecture, file project manger. I very excited with this project and this release of QS.
Feb 12, 2008 at 6:34 PM
I just want to say that I pass the code for the editor for him to continue it, because I won't have time to work with for a long time now.
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2008 at 6:58 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Why is that? Just curious. It may be a rough transistion, as the entire editor was written by you at this point.
Feb 12, 2008 at 8:23 PM
"Why is that? Just curious. It may be a rough transistion, as the entire editor was written by you at this point."

Well, first I had a virus problem that infected my computer and also my external disk that I use to make backups. So, I lost the project where I had a editor already working with QuickStart. But I still had a not to old backups that I save it inside cds. And I sent those projects to him. I also sent a QuickStart project with the scene editor to him, but on this project, the editor is not working yet. I will also be helping him to understand and doubts that he could have about it. Of course he will have a learning curve, but it will not be that hard.
Second, now I have some paying jobs, projects to finish and I won't have time to be working on the editor until a finish those.
Mar 15, 2008 at 5:45 PM
Oops I just posted a suggestion for making a scene editor on another thread and found this one.
So, adribeiro, are you taking over xnasorcerer's editor ? Are you making the beast based on the QS ? which version ?
I am interested in joining that adventure, as I'm planning to build an MMORPG using QS and would need that :p
Mar 15, 2008 at 5:48 PM
But when I mean based on QS, it means... built on QS, and the latest version, in dev, i.e v19 (i'm sure Nic would appreciate that :p )
Mar 16, 2008 at 2:12 PM
Adribeiro, can you check with shawmishrak on how to put the editor code into the source tree o we can all take a look at it and decide on a roadmap for the editor ?