Is QuickStart still being devloped?

Dec 16, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I am looking to find a game engine to use for developing an Xbox indie game. I know that the 360 is now longer officially supported but is there any reason it would not work?

Alex

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2011 at 6:22 PM
Edited Dec 19, 2011 at 3:55 AM
vanattab wrote:

I am looking to find a game engine to use for developing an Xbox indie game. I know that the 360 is now longer officially supported but is there any reason it would not work?

Alex

I add features and performance enhancements whenever I have time. I am planning on releasing v0.25 in the next week or two, after that I'm not sure when the next version will be worked on as I will have a busy schedule for the next few months at least.

There is nothing the engine uses that should not work on the Xbox 360, however since it hasn't been tested on the Xbox since v0.19 it may have performance issues. Additionally you will need to update the Xbox project, any files that were added or removed from the Windows project were on done on the Xbox project, so it will be out of date. Theoretically the Windows and 360 projects will be almost identical, any code that shouldn't run on the Xbox has been excluded using #if !XBOX360 preprocessor directives.

EDIT: The newest couple versions have the 360 project removed because it is so outdated, however if you right-click on the 'QuickStart_Windows' project and then click 'Create copy of project for Xbox 360' it will do most of the work for you. For all I know it just might work, but I don't have the gold membership to try it with.