error loading pipleline assembly: Nuclex.UserInterface.dll

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Hi, I keep getting this error when trying to rebuild the sample. I tried it on both my 64 bit laptop and 32 bit desktop.

The DX10 Demo works great. However, I noticed that the Nuclex.UserInterface.dll is different than what in the demo folder than what's in the 3rd party code folder. They both are different than what comes with Nuclex project. Trying to replace the file with the one from the demo or Nuclex doesn't help.

Changing to mixmode or x86 in config manager doesn't help. deleting and readding a reference to the dll in the samplegame project doesn't help. In fact, delecting the refrence doesn't cause a different error message :)

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, Gregory

Error 1 Error loading pipeline assembly "C:\Users\Gregory\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\QuickStart Engine v0.26\framework\code\target\Windows\Debug\Nuclex.UserInterface.dll". QuickStartSampleGame_Windows

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM

When you say the demo works great do you mean the downloadable binary, or did you get the demo running from the code itself?

The Nuclex GUI has been customized in the QuickStart Engine, those customizations exist within the .dll.

When you compile the game a copy of the .dll is made from the 3rdPartyLibraries directory to either the Windows\Debug or Windows\Release folder, depending on your current build configuration.

One thing I've run into in the past with downloaded .dlls is that Windows will block them until you manually unblock them. I recommend deleting your Debug and Release folders, then go into the 3rdPartyLibraries folder and right click on each .dll, go to Properties, and see if they say Unblock near the bottom of the properties window.

Here's an example picture of what that window might look like (that I found by googling it): http://www.izenda.com/Site/KB/Uploads/Images/unblock.PNG

The engine download itself should be working, I know others have downloaded it and go it working, so my best bet it the .dlls being blocked. I ran into the same issue when I first implemented Nuclex into the engine, the .dlls from their download were blocked by Windows on my machine.

Hope that helps, if not just let me know.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Edited Feb 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I have the exact same error in W7 64bit, tried the above fix, but to no avail.. the references seem to work everywhere but the demo project, (the other projects compile without error). Tried adding/removing references and changing mixmode as well, just can't get past this error..

Solved:

Added the Nuclex.UserInterface.dll reference to the QuickStartSampleGameContent project as per this tip on CP: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/114146/Error-loading-pipeline-assembly-compile-error-on

Thanks for the great project btw..

John

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I'm having this same problem, however adding a reference to Nuclex.UserInterface.dll  to the QuickStartSampleGameContent did NOT fix the issue for me. Nor did adding that reference to any other project solve the issue. I'm not sure where to look next, any more ideas?

Error:

Error 1 Error loading pipeline assembly "C:\Projects\QuickStart Engine v0.262\QuickStart Engine v0.262\framework\3rdPartyLibaries\Nuclex.GUI\Nuclex.Input.dll". QuickStartSampleGame_Windows

I just downloaded it today. I have Visual Studio 2010 Professional SP1 with XNA 4.0 installed. On 64bit Win 7.

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I'm not sure, I got this when downloading the Nuclex framework and was only able to fix it by deleting the debug and release directories, then right clicking the .dlls and unblocking them, and them finally, cleaning and rebuilding the project.

On Feb 11, 2012, at 7:36 PM, "Daryl27" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I'm having this same problem, however adding a reference to Nuclex.UserInterface.dll to the QuickStartSampleGameContent did NOT fix the issue for me. Nor did adding that reference to any other project solve the issue. I'm not sure where to look next, any more ideas?

Error:

Error 1 Error loading pipeline assembly "C:\Projects\QuickStart Engine v0.262\QuickStart Engine v0.262\framework\3rdPartyLibaries\Nuclex.GUI\Nuclex.Input.dll". QuickStartSampleGame_Windows

I just downloaded it today. I have Visual Studio 2010 Professional SP1 with XNA 4.0 installed. On 64bit Win 7.

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I too got this...

I did NOT have to download any extra frameworks to resolve it.

Digging around I simply deleted the RELEASE  & DEBUG  folders INSIDE THE   Q:\QuickStart Engine v0.262\QuickStart Engine v0.262\framework\code\target FOLDER  and the Q:\QuickStart Engine v0.262\target\Windows Folder  (where Q is your drive)
And also the UNBLOCK was required on a few DLL's just check em all for good measure.

About a dozen in total to get it running,

about 10 mins fiddling around,

Hope that helps

May 8, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I got the same error. Basically same as simonjohnrobert but with one additional step.

Delete the RELEASE and DEBUG folders everywhere.

Unblock all the DLLs

Close Visual Studio and restart it - This step was necessary because the first two steps didn;t seem to work but after the restart I could compile.

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I fought this one for almost 2 weeks on a standalone company laptop for which the IT shop gave me admin privileges -- even tried to download Nuclex source and backtracking to get it to work... recommend never doing that, the libraries are out of synch. 

Hmmmph... admin privileges alone do not appear to be enough.  When company IT shops "lock down" a company box, they have no idea which switch-flips they do that would affect access to unblock dlls and few of them write code so they give you a blank stare.  And why is it that sysadmin types think that all coders care to build and configure hardware?  Sorry, not my bag... I just race the car, I don't build or maintain it... :)

So, after 2 weeks, I finally tried it on my own home box that I loaded myself (despite my previous comment).  Voila!  The unzip + delete the two sets of RELEASE and DEBUG folders + UNBLOCK the 3rd party code dlls + build gets it to work.  Once done, copy the project over to a company box and you're there.

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM

So, sizing properties may not be reset because the RenderComponent must call the LoadFromPrimitive where it creates the primiitive?  Thus, if I want to resize dynamically, I must remove the RenderComponent from the BaseEntity.Components and add a new one.  Likewise, if I want to update the sizing on the PhysicsComponent.ShapeType, delete and re-add.  I really do want to keep the BaseEntity intact (because it's part of my NavGraph) but resizing it on the fly looks like a continuous BaseEntity.Components.Clear();  Is there a more efficient way of doing this?  This probably wasn't a feature you wanted in your engine.

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Yea I do remember considering that issue awhile back. It's actually fairly common with games to not resize models on the fly. With the render mesh you could probably manage resizing pretty easily by adjusting the Scale matrix of the Entity, which would allow scaling in any dimension. However, for physics you'll need to recreate the physics mesh after any resizing. This isn't just a limitation with the engine, but with most physics engines, because physics entities are normally optimized and contain a set of data that helps with processing collisions, resizing them would invalidate that and it would have to be re-submitted.

But you're right, in order to facilitate this some new methods would have to be made for the Physics and Render components to allow for replacing the mesh that they have, or allowing for the removal of a component from an entity without clearing all of them.

You should be able to write a method in BaseEntity for removing a component based on its type, since components are stored in a Dictionary by type it should be easy to do.

- Nic

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:35 AM, sdbMike <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

So, sizing properties may not be reset because the RenderComponent must call the LoadFromPrimitive where it creates the primiitive? Thus, if I want to resize dynamically, I must remove the RenderComponent from the BaseEntity.Components and add a new one. Likewise, if I want to update the sizing on the PhysicsComponent.ShapeType, delete and re-add. I really do want to keep the BaseEntity intact (because it's part of my NavGraph) but resizing it on the fly looks like a continuous BaseEntity.Components.Clear(); Is there a more efficient way of doing this? This probably wasn't a feature you wanted in your engine.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (QuickStartEngine@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email QuickStartEngine@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com