Porting Engine for Xbox

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Hello,

i will use the engine for a Xbox Game i am working on.

I have two Questions:

1. I am allowed to use the engine commercial? I am just a student and want to make a small indie game allone and sell it on the marketplace.

2. Do you want the Sourcecode of my Project?

I would give you my sourcecode, so you can it add too your own Engine. I made it to get it work on a xbox but i have some problems with the XML stuff, because you can't use XmlNodes on the Xbox. You have to use XNodes and XDocuments (Silverlight). These are a bit harder to handle in my opinion, but the Configuration Manager works now. I now need to update the Material Class.

But i also have some performance problems. That's why I will write some parts of the engine completly new. But for now it is the only Engine that works, so: Great Work with! I love your Engine and the cool Component Based System ;)

greeting from Germany.

Artur Schütz

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM

oh, i also wantet do ask if you could give me a lover version of your Engine?

At the moment it is a bit to big for me.

I am looking for a very slim and fast Engine.

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2012 at 5:23 AM
Too big? The executable is only a couple of Megabytes. One of the smaller 3D engines out there as far as I know. You can go with smaller assets, lower terrain details, drop poly counts, set the detail level to the lowest setting, etc. I've tested the engine on 6 year old PCs and gotten 60+ fps.

- Nic

On Jul 19, 2012, at 3:26 PM, "Herror" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

oh, i also wantet do ask if you could give me a lover version of your Engine?

At the moment it is a bit to big for me.

I am looking for a very slim and fast Engine.

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2012 at 5:27 AM
If you'd like you can submit a patch that I can look at. Unfortunately I don't have the means right now to test it on the Xbox so I would have to merge it with the engine and hope the it worked on the 360. Wouldn't be any worse off than the current version which doesn't work. I imagine the performance issues may be related to garbage collection, which I could fix. Have you tried turning down the detail level in the settings.xml file?

- Nic

On Jul 19, 2012, at 3:26 PM, "Herror" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello,

i will use the engine for a Xbox Game i am working on.

I have two Questions:

1. I am allowed to use the engine commercial? I am just a student and want to make a small indie game allone and sell it on the marketplace.

2. Do you want the Sourcecode of my Project?

I would give you my sourcecode, so you can it add too your own Engine. I made it to get it work on a xbox but i have some problems with the XML stuff, because you can't use XmlNodes on the Xbox. You have to use XNodes and XDocuments (Silverlight). These are a bit harder to handle in my opinion, but the Configuration Manager works now. I now need to update the Material Class.

But i also have some performance problems. That's why I will write some parts of the engine completly new. But for now it is the only Engine that works, so: Great Work with! I love your Engine and the cool Component Based System ;)

greeting from Germany.

Artur Schütz