Help with transparency issue

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Hello,

can anyone help me with transparency? I need to set transparent on trees (see link below). I read about bug in documentation, but I need set transparent at only 0% alpha blend. I found method ProcessTransparentGeometryChunks() in  GraphicSystem.cs, but I'm not sure if it's right method for me (I don't know how to set RenderPassType.SemiTransparentOnly for any Entity).

I read something about delete transparent areas from buffer, but I really don't know how to do it in this Engine.

Something ideas to fix my problem? 

Example screen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8av0qys6on1kj9u/XNA%20transparency%20problem.png

Thanks a lot.

Joseph, Slovakia

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Your trees seem to only need transparency in the textures themselves. It's been awhile but I don't believe you have to change any settings. If you look at the demo project the wooden crates use textures without any special settings, I believe the texture's alpha layer is the only factor here. The only time transparency is factored in is if you set the rendercomponent opacity to less than 1.0f. Your problem looks different somehow, making it look like the top half of the trees are missing.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 8, 2012, at 6:55 PM, "joujo1212" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello,

can anyone help me with transparency? I need to set transparent on trees (see link below). I read about bug in documentation, but I need set transparent at only 0% alpha blend. I found method ProcessTransparentGeometryChunks() in GraphicSystem.cs, but I'm not sure if it's right method for me (I don't know how to set RenderPassType.SemiTransparentOnly for any Entity).

I read something about delete transparent areas from buffer, but I really don't know how to do it in this Engine.

Something ideas to fix my problem?

Example screen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8av0qys6on1kj9u/XNA%20transparency%20problem.png

Thanks a lot.

Joseph, Slovakia